We can advise you on the best course of treatment with a free consultation
Spread the cost of your treatment with our range of finance options
Crowns and Bridges
Bridges and crowns are fixed prosthetic devices that are cemented onto existing teeth
A crown is a custom-made restoration that is created to fit a prepared tooth. It acts like a ‘cap’ to cover the tooth.
- Crowns can be used to restore a broken tooth, mask discolouration and align teeth.
- Crowns can be made from several different types of material, depending on aesthetic requirements and functional need.
- We offer metal-free crowns where the cosmetics are paramount and for patients where metal is not suitable.
Dental bridges are designed to close spaces in the mouth.
- Bridges are made of porcelain bonded to precious metal, such as gold, or a ceramic material.
- Bridges are supported by teeth adjacent to the space.
- The tooth or teeth are prepared as for crowns so they will need to be strong enough to support the bridge.
- Bridges are cemented in place and are an alternative to dentures, which are removable and bulkier.
The patient below had a combination of a bridge, crowns and whitening treatment.
For the patient below, we used metal-free, high impact, zirconium crowns because the teeth were worn. This ‘wear’ case had to be restored both functionally and aesthetically.